Korean War Naval Aircraft blue

Is there a single "straight out of the pot" color for late-WW2/Korean War era US naval aircraft? I've used a can of now oop Tamiya AS-8 (Spray) Navy Blue which seems spot on. However, for touch-ups and future projects (brush and airbrush) It'd be nice not to have to mix paints (and considering the subject I'd imagine an easier time of it).

TIA

Reply to
Borscope

The Testors ModelMaster Dark Sea Blue (comes in gloss and flat, but cannot recall the FSN) seems right. I've used it twice now and it looks right on the models.

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne

Neither should have an FS number as the colors predate the FS system, they will have an ANA number. Further it is not a simple matter for gloss or flat, they are two different colors. That said MM gloss sea blue works for overall blue USN planes.

Reply to
Ron Smith

Thanks guys! I got dragged out on payday shopping, and wrangled a stop at the hobby store and bought both:oD

Reply to
Borscope