Trying to determine Corsair Model - Korean War

My dad served in the Korean War on the USS Essex (around 1952/1953). I have a photo of a Corsair on the deck of the Essex but am trying to determine w
hich of the model kits would best represent the Corsair during that time. C an anyone point me in the right direction?

of the Essex but am trying to determine which of the model kits would best represent the Corsair during that time. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

From Wikipedia:
"The versions of the Corsair used in Korea from 1950 to 1953 were the AU-1, F4U-4B, -4C, -4P and -5N and 5-NL."
- Rufus
The shipboard ones in Korea were almost all F4U-4 or F4U-4B (20mm cannon fi tted) models. F4U-5s were either night fighters (radar on right wing) or la ndbase attackers, ditto the USMC AU-1 dedicated attack variants. There are a lot of kits out there from Monogram (50 years old!), Academy, Hasegawa, o r a new one from Hobby Boss.