Friendly survey - What 1/48 aircraft kits would you like to be newly tooled?

I guess what I'd like to see is some of the unsung heros of aviation. Having grown up and served during the cold war, the support aircraft need recognition.

C-7 C-121 C-123 C-124 C-131/T-29 XC-99

Also bring some of the airliner airframes that saw military service

DC-9-30 / C-9 B737 / T-41 B727

I just picked up a 1/48 Revell B-ONE at Hobby Lobby...used the 50% off coupon and a gift card from my kids for Father's Day...I built one years ago for a local hobby shop to hang in their store. I wish someone would either aftermarket or manufacturer provide flaps/slats for the 'dirty' configuration. It just is wrong to have a plane hanging with the gear down and the wings clean. The one I did for the shop is clean with an AMRAAM being launched from the weapons bay. The one I picked up will hang in a stairwell in front of a mural of a runway as if on final. It will be a neat forced prospective which allows you to walk under the aircraft as frozen in time.

Reply to
bluumule

Anybody ever take a crack at converting Mono's C model to a Nam version?

Hasegawa did a SH, IIRC.

RoG did the UN version - G model?

YES! WE NEED THESE! ;-)

I think I've seen one of those from somebody (Fujimi in a Testors box maybe), but it might be subpar.

WmB

Reply to
WmB

I'd love to see a quality Grumman S2 family, S2F, COD, Willy Fudd all in

Reply to
Bruce Apple

There were a couple resin conversions for it.

Reply to
Ron Smith

Yes I definitely would go with most of your selections also. The Duck, Seamew & Hudson are available. Building the Seamew right now.

Best,

Tony

Reply to
tonycynor

Hawk made an OV-10. That's probably what you saw in a Testors box.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Reply to
Teresa Voyles

AP-2H. I'd like to see it first-time tooled in injection-molding in 1/48.

Reply to
Bill Woodier

IJN Ki-21 Sally IJN Ki-83 F-80, T-33, F-94A/B, F-94C F-84F, RF MiG 17 Su 7 Entire Century Series He 115

Art

Reply to
Art Murray

a ju86 would be nice. and a ju188.

And a Spruce Goose........;)

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

i was serious. there are 1/48 ju 88's, how mucj bigger would a 188 be.? and the ju 86 was smaller, i believe. think of how cool a condor legion 86 would be with a guy hanging over the dustbin with a row of mg holes stitched across. and a rata flying cross beam.

Who made a 1/48 Me 321? Who makes a 1/48 He 111Z?

e wrote:

Reply to
frank

both were vac, i don't know the makers. call the hobbytown in vegas for more info.

I would like to see the Sukhoi Su-34/32FN Platypus/Fullback . Its as awesome aircraft ! Only available in 1/72 :(

Reply to
veritas

And I was being silly. The 1/200th kit made for a somewhat largish model. 1/48th would just be too outlandish

Not a lot.

and the ju 86 was smaller, i believe.

I don't think so based on once owning a Supermodel kit in 1/72. That thing was much longer and wider than an 88.

That sounds good but it would take up considerable space when finished. OTOH you could use a 1/72 Rata and force the perspective.

Outside of dabbling now and again in 1/48th I stayed with 1/72 almost exclusively from 1964 'til now. The size just always seemed right just as HO always looked 'right' for trains.

BTW, the movie was great. There was some disturbances in the soundtrack during the opening credits but that disappeared and everything was great. I enjoyed the movie too much to pick at the dialogue this time - maybe on the next viewing. ;)

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

i'm still looking for a vhs copy for you. glad it was ok. i would hang the 86 dio...too big anywhere else.

There already are Ju-188s in 1:48 scale. Dragon does an A and an E version. (I don't think they are in current production, but you can still find them around...) I'd love to see an He-115. Ju-86 is a good one, too. Others I always cast a vote for in the polls: Martin B-10 and Douglas B-18. The B-23 would be good, too. And more Japanese twin-engined bombers. As cool as a 1:48 B-15 and B-19 would be, that's a might bit too big.

1:72 would be great for those.

- Sean F.

Reply to
GASean

Eduard needs to do a the Salmson 2A2. It's far too important a plane to leave unmodelled.

I think that you can get a 1/72 pegasus kit, maybe merlin. There aren't any Salmsons in 1/48th injection molded, maybe not even resin or vac!

Why wouldn't Eduard do it in 1/48 and in 1/72 like they did with the Sopwiths and DH-2?

Please!!

here's a profile from wings palette:

--- Stephen

Reply to
Stephen Tontoni

AP-2H B-57G Updated P/F-80 I'd also vote for the Sally

Reply to
Bill Woodier