Fujimi 1/700 Akagi delayed again

I am not the only one hoping to obtain Fujimi's new-tool 1/700 IJN Akagi (1941), flagship of the Kido Butai at Pearl Harbor[1], and scuttled by own torpedoes at the Battle of Midway early on June 5, 1942.

The Akagi was the oldest of the fleet carriers, and also alone among them in still having the 120mm twin guns instead of the more modern

127mm twin guns (Kaga had been upgraded).

An old kit of the carrier exists, but it really is old. Fujimi has been announcing a new kit for some time, and reviews are online[2]. However, the release has been delayed several times.

The latest delay announcement sees the kit release put back from the end of July to 20th August in Japan.

I'll be looking forward to getting mine, as well as the probably excellent and competitively price Fujimi photo-etch set to go with it.

Footnotes: [1]

[2]

Gernot Hassenpflug