I had an interesting day

time to move to the desert. all the heaters and much plumbing is outside. and no basement's to flood. hope you're bad streak is over. did the poor lady turn red or look pissed?

Reply to
someone

During a routine nursing assistant's visit today the hot water inlet pipe under the bathroom sink burst. I'd only started putting the basement back in order after last year's flood. Alas, what I had put was the shelves with the unsold kits and decals, right under the bathroom. To say I was excited would be an understatement! I think the poor woman probably was shocked at my language. I have no idea what I said but it was definitely blue. Aside from mopping up the floor in the bath I spent most of today going through the kits and wiping up puddles. I think I dodged a bomb here. Despite the flood I've found only two kit decal sheets that were ruined. There may be more that are questionable but only trying them will tell for sure. I dried the instructions in the microwave and that worked well. Tomorrow I'll try the boxes. I think I'll leave the area under the bathroom as free space. Too many accidents have happened to trust anything to be left there.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller

According to her she would have reacted worse. ;)

Word to the unwise: DO NOT put two instruction sheets into a microwave at 30 seconds! Fortunately I had already scanned those two.

According to the repairman we have high pressure in the water line and any part that is aged is liable to blow. Now all I need is $400 for an expansion tank. I have doubts that the budget is gonna stretch for that.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

the joys of house maintenance. i prefer saying the sekrit word...oh landlord!

Reply to
someone