M-60 tanks on D-Day or another example of Lindberg detail and research

name the tank this D-Day LCT is carrying. Pretty sure it ain't a Sherman..

looks like an easy weekend build, just without the tank...

Musicman59

It's an M46 Patton, which considering that it bears Korean War markings is not far off. It's just not right for 6 June 1944.

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne

maybe its the thought that counts. wonder if there are Shermans available in that scale.

Reply to
Musicman59

There was a whole lengthy thread at one time on the topic of incorrect box art, kit extras, paint schemes etc, Like haveing a really early war messerschmidt in a dog fight with a late war mustang, or a late war messerschmidt attacking an early B-17 formation on the box art. Late war corsiar sold as Pappy Boyington's aircraft with black sheep markings.

Reply to
Val Kraut

Musicman59 wrote in news:23cd1713-681a-426b-9a0f- snipped-for-privacy@v37g2000prg.googlegroups.com:

There are wargaming vehicles avaliable in that scale, roughly 15mm I think. I have a few for the beastie, they aren't bad at all. It's been awhile since i've had them out to look at 'em, resin or metal, not to many pieces. Decent looking though. The Shermans actually come in differing versions consistent with actual Shermans, including a dozer tank. The brand has oodles of vehicles of differing types, trucks, tracks, etc, I think even figures. I even found decals.

Yep, this is it, Flames of War 15 mm.

Just put "15mm wwii miniatures" in your favorite browser and have at it.

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost

The LCU is in 1/125 (from what I recall) so you would need either TT Gauge (1/120) model railroad items or as noted 15mm (1/121) scale.

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne

yeah. seems to me there was a link to a website with illustrations of the same. darned if i can locate either the thread or the website at the moment, tho

Reply to
OldSchool

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in news:88dac496-0192-4a65-a9b7-9b422b8a1b5e@

15g2000yqy.googlegroups.com:

They look about right sitting on the well deck.

Reply to
Gray Ghost