M2/M3 Halftrack models in 1/35 scale

Why won't any model manufactures do a M2/M2A1 or even a M5/M9 series of halftrack in 1/35 scale. Are we as modelers confined to the Tamiya M3A2 , M16 , or M21. I know monogram did a halftrack back in the 1970's and some are still available today , but why have no manufactures done any more with the US halftrack as they were the armored troop transports of our mechanised troops in WW II and Korea, some even survived into Vietnam. While stationed in Germany in the mid 1980's the French Army still used some in AAA Units. I saw one myself while training in Baumholder.

Reply to
Richard S.Simerson II

My sentiments and complaints exactly. I have told three different major manufacturers just that and so far no bites. (One told me it was easier to do German ones as there were "too many" American ones!!)

As for Monogram's halftrack, try "RE-RELEASED" in the 1970s and 1980s and dating from the 1950s! It is 1/35 scale but pretty crude -- only slightly worser than the Tamiya one, though.

Keep hoping and carping, somebody's gotta listen!

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne

"Richard S.Simerson II" wrote

A) Because they don't have to (There's no requirement that "important" or "numerous" vehicles be given precedence in production.) B) Because they don't want to (The have other projects to work on, or just don't like the look.) C) Because they don't think they'll sell. ('Nuff said. Despite the inevitable claims of "I'll buy a dozen!!" when an idea is floated, manufacturers have painfully learned that the reality is typically far, far, different.)

For a while, anyway.

. I know monogram did a halftrack back in the 1970's and some

See above, esp. A).

KL

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin

Richard S.Simerson II wrote: : Why won't any model manufactures do a M2/M2A1 or even a M5/M9 series of : halftrack in 1/35 scale. : Because they don't have black crosses on the sides.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden