Minicraft Delta 777 with new "accurized" Trent engines?

I was looking at the box for the "new" Minicraft 1/144 Delta Boeing 777 and noticed that it mentioned "New accurate Trent engines". Does anyone know what this means? Were the Trent engines on their American Airlines 777 "wrong"? Do the "new" Trent engines look better or more accurate?

Thanks in advance,

Martin

Reply to
centennialofflight

It means that they got the correct fan disks in with the engines they're supposed to go into. The first issue of Minicraft 777s had them mixed up while being boxed. If you have one of the original issue and haven't built it yet, Minicraft will exchange the fans for you if you ask. For the full story, sign up at

and look back a couple of years in the archived posts.

Unless you're a serious rivet counter, the "incorrect" fan disks do not look badly out of place, and anyway, that trailing plank^Wedge would make a rivet counter grind his teeth away in frustation regardless of the fan disks : )

Reply to
Jeff C

Yes....the original fans looked okay. Funny, how details like this get a model slammed. Yet, on the Minicraft DC-4 (a great kit, admittedly), the massive trench-like scribing gets "a pass". Sorry....but these "trenches" look far less accurate then the 777's wrong fans.

Reply to
Greg Heilers

Did Minicraft ever make any revisions to the actual tooling in other areas? I've asked on AMD a few times and never got a response.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Not as far as I've heard. I haven't built the M 777 since the Welsh kit was far more fun : )

Reply to
Jeff C

I guess it's easier to fill panel lines than to scratchbuild a correct fan disk...

Reply to
Jeff C