Modern Japanese Serials Question

Anyone here understand the code involved in modern Japanese serial numbers? I have a book entirely in Japanese (which I can't read)
apparently on colours and markings for Japanese fighter aircraft 1979-2000. The last four digits seem to follow in sequence but the first digit can be anything from 0-9 . I have detected that the same types have the same second digit, ie., an F-104 will always have '6' as the second digit. Alas for me, when there's a black and white illustration, the colour callouts are all in Japanese. They wouldn't be using FS compatible colours, would they?
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Hi Bill, So you can't read it, eh? :-) But nice pictures! Is this a book in the Model Art series? I'm no au fait with modern Japanese planes, but as far as modeling accessories go, you can certainly find decal sheets with modern serials in the hobby shops here in Tokyo. If you want me to look for you, please let me know. If you get one example you could likely scan and make your own. Also, if you want a translation of something (reasonable, please!), send me a scan and I will do it for you. Cheers,
--
Gernot Hassenpflug
Aunkai

Probably something like Sailor Moon Blue, Akira Red ...

Yes :-)

Sure, send me if/when you have time.
--
Gernot Hassenpflug