New plastic 1/48 PIASECKI H21 available at special price

hello the community , i just discover something interesting at the following link:

jump on it.... and hope you'll follow me with the CH-46 from academy , here are 2 good news for 1/48 helios fellows! soon JP

Reply to
JP

Larry Engesath

in article eZkAc.6356$cj3.1980@lakeread01, Larry Engesath at snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAMcox.net wrote on 6/17/04 12:58 PM:

Agreed! I'll like to do a good Piasecki Banana in 1/48 but I'd probably be better off with a sharp knife and block of basswood that try another MACH 2 or F/M kit. Whey is it that they don't improve? Now if Roden would do one...

MB

Reply to
Milton Bell

Welll, I'll tell you. I have a couple of F-M kits, just picked up their Martin Maryland. Monogram they ain't, but they are a whole order of magnitude above the Mach 2 kits I have seen. They require a Modeler, not a "kit assembler" so to speak, but they can result in very nice models.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

in article snipped-for-privacy@starpower.net, William H. Shuey at snipped-for-privacy@starpower.net wrote on 6/17/04 1:34 PM:

I agree that F-M kits are superior to MACH 2. I have several and they are certainly buildable. MACH 2 is one of the few kits I've ever totally trashed and not even saved anything for the parts box!

MB

Reply to
Milton Bell

I agree with the comments re Mach 2. Question is: here in the UK we have a Sale of Goods Act that requires the goods to be of "merchantable quality". I reckon you could with justification return a Mach2 kit as not reaching that minimum standard. Comments, anyone?

Second question...... who on earth DOES buy their stuff?

nch

"nch" wrote

All one would have to do is produce a vacuumformed kit - or a solid balsa model for that matter - to prove that it is at least as good as other "model kits" out there. Evidence of a nicely built example would pretty much put the final nail in the coffin.

If their stuff sold for 1 dollar/pound/euro, I don't think there would be any real complaints. That pretty much proves that this is just a "value for the price" issue which would be a hard case to argue.

I bought one of their Thor missiles when it was on sale.

KL

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin

in article _pIAc.2223$ snipped-for-privacy@nwrdny01.gnilink.net, Kurt Laughlin at snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net wrote on 6/18/04 3:39 PM:

FWIW, just noticed that SMO was showing the F-M Ventura in 1/48 being shipped so we should see it soon. I think it's a $60 or so kit. I might go $40 if I like the looks of it.

MB

Reply to
Milton Bell