SAAB Book

The above mentioned book arrived today. Outstanding presentation! Muchas gracias, Jules! Now, one question: There's a picture of one in Hungarian markings. Have they gone into production or is that just a computer-generated photo?

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

I think the Hungarians rented them for a decade or so. Or is it leasing?

Reply to
agh

did anyone order the Swedish text version :-) Hell i struggle with English, god help me if i took the other

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

There is an _entire_ chapter on the Hungarian evaluation and purchase of the Gripen.

Let me guess, you got it just to look at the pictures!!!!! :->

Cheers, Gary B-)

Reply to
Gary R. Schmidt

I know the pic you mean Bill. The Hungarian colours do look a little too vivid in the shadow of the fin. If they've been in service so long, why are there not more (convincing) photos?

There's not even any pics (in that book) showing how the single-seater canopy opens. It's not Detail and Scale by any means, but worth having all the same. There's something about Swedish airframes, ya gotta admit! Chek

Change' boos' to 'bos' in address to email directly

presentation!

markings. Have

computer-generated photo?

Reply to
Chek

Uh, no. I just haven't had a chance to sit down and read it yet. I've got the Sept. issue SAMi, the new Hemmings Classic Car and the latest Cars & Parts. I'm good for awhile. ;)

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

No argument with your last statement. Look how long ago SAAB was building Drakens with double delta wings. The F-16XL looked like a bad copy some 20 years later.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller