Where Can I Get Tiny Drill Bits in the UK

After some tiny drill bits for my pin vice - for example, to open up the barrel of 8mm machine gun in 1/35 (0.2 or 0.25mm). I nice range up to 1mm
would be good.
Any idea of a reasonably priced source in the UK?
Cheers,
Nigel
on 6/20/2008 6:47 PM Nigel Heather <nigel@ said the following:

I found a few on a google search of - mini drill bits uk -.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Nigel Heather <nigel@ wrote:

Hannants do drill bits down to 0.5mm, but you'd be best off looking for a local model engineering supplier. Somewhere like this
http://shop.maidstone-engineering.co.uk /
Their smallest drill bit is no.79 - 15 thou, 0.38 mm. This is the low end of the "numbered" drills.
PCB-making suppliers seem to have 0.3 and 0.2 mm drills - see http://www.crownhill.co.uk/product.php?prod 62 http://www.crownhill.co.uk/product.php?prod 60
Items this small are low-demand and difficult to manufacture. I doubt you'll get them for pence.
On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 23:47:17 +0100, "Nigel Heather"

One *very* reasonably priced source, i.e. FREE, is from your friendly neighborhood dentist. They are always discarding bits that are too dull for their specific work, but are still plenty good for plastic. See if your dentist has any ready to throw away.
on 6/20/2008 8:42 PM M. J. Rudy said the following:

I didn't know dentists used drills. I thought they used burrs. At least the ones I got from my dentist were burrs.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

they still drill great holes.
snipped-for-privacy@some.domain wrote:

But not #79 sized holes. I used to get #78s here at my local shop but it went OOB a few years ago. I guess I could try the model rail shops if I find I need more.
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.
Not setting foot on Vancouver Island...
on 6/21/2008 3:10 AM Mad Modeller said the following:

I have this set. http://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/squ/squ10821.htm
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Thanks,
I will get some of those.
Cheers,
Nigel
heathers.co.uk> wrote:

Cheaper than Maplin: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310060975311
Yep, that's what I bought.
Cheers,
Nigel
heathers.co.uk> wrote:

I must admit I only recently ordered something from the UK. However, I found modern internet purchasing pretty painless even when I do not know the exact exchange rate. Any company accepting major credit cards can do the purchase with "foreign" currency.