Why no instructions for Verlinden/Custom Dioramics Diorama Kits?

Open the box and you get a lot of flat plaster pieces, some broken in shipping. All you have is the one angle box art to deal with. I have a bridge kit with about 8 pieces that I just can't figure out where they are supposed to go. Given their prices a simple drawing would be nice...

Anyone ever written to them and gotten a reply?

Craig

Reply to
Musicman59

Musicman59 wrote in news:e5697bd3-db7a-4fe2-a72c- snipped-for-privacy@k39g2000yqb.googlegroups.com:

No, but I would love some sort of answer. Methinks they must figure if you're buying it you must already know what you are buying. of course try that when you get an update set with just that single view photo. Eesh.

Bought some stuff for a Tamiya Tiger, doesn't even say which Tiger it's for. Let alone where all the pieces go. And the box is just a bit to short for the PE sheet. Thanx, Pierre.

I've got one of those bridges, too. 1/72 US pontoon bridge with treadway. No instrucitons, chipped parts, no color suggestions. And as you may guess the joint pieces are the issue, I'm pretty sure there is only one way to fix them, but at least 4 ways you could place them. And even though i've not looked at it in a bit i think I had some questions about how the treadways fit on the pontoons. Yeah it's simple and I'll figure it out, but geez fellas, ya couldn't take 10 minutes and draw out some basic instructions and color suggestions? Or do I just assume everything is WWII OD?

And what, ya couldn't pack them better? Biggest issue with me is that almost all of the Verlinden stuff I have is damaged in some way from piss poor or nonexistant packaging. Which I don't see with other makers.

In fairness the 1/15 german howitzer and the HMS Victory and pirate ship gun decks were packed well, but the instruction in both are also lame, with little or no painting notes. (See cover picture for painting info) Wow thanks.

VLS, put the name and kit number the parts are for on the box with the description and try writing instruction sheets. It's called value added and makes me more likely to buy.

One of the main reasons I don't like and rarely use PE sets is that they rarely describe what the parts are for, you are supposed to know already.

I bought the Eduard sheets for the Tamiya Duster. Aye-yi-yi!

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost

Gray Ghost wrote: : : Bought some stuff for a Tamiya Tiger, doesn't even say which Tiger it's : for. Let alone where all the pieces go. And the box is just a bit to short : for the PE sheet. Thanx, Pierre. : I haven't found "instructions" too useful when they were included. Crayon drawings that vaguely suggest some part goes sorta, roughly, about there. For suitable values of "there", of course.

As for the Tiger, it is likely for the first Tamiya Tiger.

There is a reason Verlinden isn't too popular any more - other companies (many ex-Verlinden employees) have started their own companies and produced superior products. : : And what, ya couldn't pack them better? Biggest issue with me is that : almost all of the Verlinden stuff I have is damaged in some way from piss : poor or nonexistant packaging. Which I don't see with other makers. : Well, there were plenty. IIRC, KMC (one of the first ex) were down with the whole "we don't need no stinking packaging" scene. From what I have seen, the best is the "Dust" series, where each part is in a blown (?) plastic tray specific to the part. Some of the folks from Romania shrink (and I do mean SHRINK) wrap their parts to cardboard. Hopefully, the resin isn't also warping along with the cardboard...

And, just to be clear, throwing in a handful of packing peanuts as an afterthought doesn't get any brownie points for "packaging". : : VLS, put the name and kit number the parts are for on the box with the : description and try writing instruction sheets. It's called value added and : makes me more likely to buy. : Since VLS is history, complaining to them won't do any good, now. :-) And, I doubt it would have helped a few years ago - Francois I understand, is rather impressed with himself, and his products. The former is perhaps warrented, the latter, not so much. : : One of the main reasons I don't like and rarely use PE sets is that they : rarely describe what the parts are for, you are supposed to know already. : Yep. :-) And there are companies that SWAG the part as well. : : I bought the Eduard sheets for the Tamiya Duster. Aye-yi-yi! : Eduard and Aber got into a "we have more parts" pissing contest at one point. I think Eduard conceded the point to Aber, but without looking, you don't know what you have, unfortunately.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

Reply to
Gene K

Bruce,

Can you drop me an email, please? My emails to you are bouncing as undeliverable.

Thanks,

Gene K

Reply to
Gene K

I can sympathise with you on this. Some years ago I purchased two Verlinden 150mm scale resin figures (882 "Ursonia, High Priestess of Zarlon" and 937 "Tarian Amazon Warrior") and these too share the one- angle box art problem. Given they are under-dressed female fantasy figures, the search (on-line and otherwise) for suitable reference material has not been such an onerous chore, however, and well may continue even if the models are completed...

Regards,

Moramarth

Reply to
Moramarth