Create planes by equation/table

I'd like to create a set of parallel planes by an equation or table(if I have too but rather nut because the table features suck).

the formula is

C*(1 - 1/2^(m/12)) where m runs from 0 to 24

C is a constant, and it is referenced from some initial plane.

Is this possible?

Thanks, Jon

Reply to
Jon Slaughter

Building a musical instrument?

Reply to
That70sTick

hehe, maybe ;)

Reply to
Jon Slaughter

I can't find a way to pattern planes ('07). I tried using sketch- driven pattern, no luck. Looks like you may have to create 25 individual planes and equations.

Reply to
That70sTick

How about making a flat surface or real thin flat extrusion and bringing that into an assembly as an envelope part. Then control the pattern via a table or equation? If you wanted the planes in a part file, then you could just have the part in context to the planes in the assembly.

Keith

Reply to
Keith Streich

I was able to create a macro to do this but would be nice if there was an easier way. Unfortunately the macro documentation seems to be a pos so it would be hard to setup a system to work in in general... plus I hate VB. Looking into addon's but doesn't seem to have any decent documentation. (it's one thing to give a list of functions but entirely different to explain their behavior)

Reply to
Jon Slaughter

Guitar? 24 frets, 2 octaves?

Reply to
That70sTick

Guitar? 24 frets, 2 octaves?

Reply to
Jon Slaughter

It can be done using equations. I gave the value of C and then added another equation as "A"=3D "C" * ( 1 - 1 / 2 ^ 1 / 12 )

No for every plane you may need 2 create a different equation I guess so it means 24 different equation with different value of m.

Using table will be much easy over here.

Deepak

.
Reply to
Engineer

You might consider defining your planes to points in a planar sketch. Definig the Planes is *kinda* a lot of manual work (actually, about two minutes) to attach all the parallel planes to the sketch points. Then you can use SWX equations to space all the sketch points

Reply to
Edward T Eaton