Gainward - GeForce 4 128Mb Ti4200 8x PowerPack Ultra/650 XP G

Hello all,

Trying to spec a machine for myself on a LOW budget. Have found this graphics card, which seems pretty good, and I was wondering whether I would be able to 'soft quadro' it to run better with SW?

Thanks for any help and advice....

Lee

Reply to
Lee Bazalgette

I use the exact same card and haven't had any problems with it. You can use SoftQuadro4 on it and it will perform the same as a Quadro XGL750.

Reply to
Mike

i have this card at home. it does not need to be soft quadro to run good with solidworks.

Reply to
Sean Phillips

What is the differience between Quadro4 780XGL and 980XGL? i have an option in Rivatuner to set this or that and i see no difference.

Reply to
Vigilante

I have an Nvidia GeForce4 Ti 4600 -- 128Mb and it is not a SW2004 Real View Supported Graphics card. Has anyone successfully modified this card to a Quadro so that it supports Real View????

Reply to
George R.

Unfortunately, Softquadro doesn't support the drivers required for Real View so I doubt anyone has been able to do it yet. As soon as Unwinder updates SoftQuadro (highly unlikely) it should be able to be accomplished.

Reply to
Mike

Core/Memory speed are the only differences. You can overclock your 4200 or

4400 to the core/memory speeds of a 4600 and make a 980 equivilant card. Not really worth it though to possibly damage your card to get a 5-10% increase in performance.

Reply to
Mike

Hi Mike (and others),

I guess you'll be glad to learn you were wrong. I successfully Softquadroed my Ti4200 (to 780 XGL) with detonator drivers 42.51 which I were told were the most recent drivers that could be patched. I'm also using realview without problem.

Hope this helps a few...

Pascal

"Mike" a écrit dans le message de news: X_clb.11310$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.tampabay.rr.com...

Reply to