How to draw this feature?

Hello, this is a rather simple thing to manufacture, but I don't kow how to draw it in SW: imagine you mill a slot down the center of a pipe, and then you stop and turn the work around its axis by an angle. You end up with two L-shaped slots opposite each other.

I've managed to do it by first making the slot as a linear cutout, then I added another feature as a rotary cut and rounded out the edges. This isn't very elegant, and it also doesn't "naturally" give me the right angle for the turning cut.

Any ideas? I'm sure this is very simple.

robert

Reply to
Robert Latest

One example.

Reply to
jmather

Here's a second sample that might be useful to you.

John Eric Voltin

On 3 Jan 2006 05:44:23 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@pct.edu wrote in Msg.

Thanks guys. I'll check out your files.

robert