Import Microstation file dgn

We are trying hard to import 3D models from our client who is working with PDMS. From PDMS he can only produces Microstation files dgn. From Microstation, he have a lot of possibilities to export the files: sat, IGES, vrml... Is somebody have experience on this particular problem of gateway. Thank you in advance

Jean-Luc

Reply to
jlm

In the following order are the normal practical choices for transferring 3D data from a non-SW platform to SW. They are given in the order of desirability.

PARASOLID STEP IGES

Certain proprietary formats also can be used:

UG Pro/E (restrictions on version) DXF/DWG for 2D

Otherwise you will have to use a service bureau.

jlm wrote:

Reply to
P.

Microstation 3d is based on the Parasolid Modelling Engine just like Solidworks so use the export as Parasolids option in Microstation.

Reply to
Danger Mouse