internal volume of a box?

Hello,

is there a way to quickly get an internal volume (of air, for example) that a box (or an assembly that is similar to a box) contains?

I believe that when I use "mass properties" it actually gives me the volume of the material used to create the box, rather than the volume the box occupies. But even if it was the latter, I still only need the internal volume as defined by internal faces, rather than of the whole box as it occupies in space (and as defined by its outside faces).

Thanks in advance for your help!

Reply to
pele

"pele" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@f19g2000yqh.googlegroups.com...

Not all that quick, but when I need an internal volume I always model it. New part, extrude a sketch to surface.... SW06. Maybe something better since.

HIH

Reply to
Jean Marc

Pele,

You can use offset surface command and keep the value as 0. Select all the > "pele" a =E9crit dans le message de news:

Reply to
Engineer

Even quicker you could extrude a solid through your part and then do a combine-subtract and choose the internal solid to keep.

TOP engtran.net

Reply to
manager