John McEleney steps down

Well actually I'm kinda sorry about that John if youre reading this I think you should have just gone on a long holiday to the Bahamas for 6 months without a cellphone or anything and come back with a fresh perspective. I think you made a good contribution to SW even though I have given you a hard time for some of the calls you have made. Best of luck with any new endeavour man

Reply to
neilscad

Will John's going affect the quality of Solidworks? Only if he's replacement starts to actually listen to the users.

The only good thing about him going, is no more ginger beard, when I have to re-install Solidworks for the umpteenth time, woohoo!

Best of luck John, Please learn, from your time at the top and do better next time!

Reply to
pete

Actually although it sounds conspicuously like a graceful departure in the news release I found a bit more info that says he is going cos he's to be married and look after his sick father (aside from retiring and persuing new opportunities as already mentioned) so I'm not sure exactly what the situation is...still I wish him well..and esp if he's getting married ;o) Seems he will be around the board until the end of the year anyway.. yeah so maybe we will get a slightly different tack from no3 CEO? Dassault have some other changes in mind too I think.. hmmm interesting..tune in again for the next exciting episode...

Reply to
neilscad

..then again I'm reading Jeff Ray is a sales and marketing guy which is about the last person I would want to take over from a users viewpoint...why couldn't they put an engineer in the top spot?

Reply to
neilscad

Yes I saw that too.

Doomed!, doomed I say!

As a phrase from Dad's army would put it, pmsl Ooops, showing my age now.

:-0

Reply to
pete

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!

...I'll give him a couple of days to make sweeping change... and then I'll use the tommy gun ...if Uncle Frank lets me...

yeah great series ;o)

Reply to
neilscad

Regardless of everything else, I hope whomever takes his place will (finally) hold the QA department's feet in the fire.

'Sporky'

Reply to
Sporkman

Mark,

He is a marketing whiz, not an engineer or quality whiz. We'll have to challenge him to get a CSWP just like McEleny.

TOP

Reply to
TOP

yup a CSWP would be a good move

This company needs an engineer to head it though We have already had too much sales and marketing influence. We need reform and refinement not further empire building and warm fuzzies

Here's a list of basic priorities as I see them at this time:

1.QUALITY - cut the no. of bugs in half through a release and eliminate stupid SP screw ups 2.HELP - redo the help notes to be empowering 3.HARDWARE - change the code to make full use of multicores 4.INTERFACE- change the icons back to simple symbols and biff the MS office UI 5.REPRESENTATIVES - cut the physical VAR network back while taking up Internet technology in its place

some of the things it helps to know :

there is only so much you can do by intuition users are mostly technical people not artistes people don't buy CAD at Tupperware parties

Reply to
neilscad

SpaceClaim sucks, you retard.

Reply to