Kohler Engine

I am looking for a Surface or Solid Model of a Kohler Engine. They sent "CAD" files to me but everything they sent was wire frame. As you all know Wireframe and SolidWorks don NOT get along. So it is useless. The cd they sent is labeled CH11-15 I presume this covers CH11 CH12 CH13 CH14 and CH15 I didn't order it so I have no Idea how they name their engines. Anyway If anyone has a useable model and is willing to share I would appreciate it (I have already checked Content Central and SW subscription share sites.

TIA

Corey Scheich

Reply to
Corey Scheich

Do you get surfaces when you import the wireframe? If so you MAY be able to change your import options in such a way as to be able to knit the surfaces and heal things up after importing. What you do is check the "Do not knit" radio button in the Options for opening the file. Instead of the result of import being one great big "Imported1" surface you get individual surfaces which can then be manually knitted. Considering the complexity of an engine it might be impractical anyway to try knitting so many surfaces, but it's the only suggestion I've got for ya.

'Sporky'

Corey Scheich wrote:

Reply to
Sporkman

I don't get any surfaces just one big 3D sketch

Reply to
Corey Scheich

Corey, What model Kohler are you looking for? Bruce Chapman Manager - Product Engineering Rayco Mfg, Inc.

Bruce Chapman

It is the Command Pro Series anything between 11 and 15 they are all the same on the outside. I believe that means they are CH-11 CH-12 .....CH-15 any of them will do the trick.

Thanks, Corey Scheich

Reply to
Corey Scheich

Have you tried checking the files in another application?

PS-Exchange, available at Delcam.com, is a pay-per-use translator that also works great for previewing neutral formats like IGES.

We had a case a few weeks ago where we couldn't import surface and solid data from an IGES file. It happened that the bodies were there, but the entities were of a type not supported by the SolidWorks translation (AutCAD bodies, I think).

Reply to
TheTick

They had supplied 3 formats IGES, DXF, and DWG. We have a seat of Acad2000 and when opened in that it is the same result a wire frame model of the engine. We do not have a translater for Autocad for IGES. They stoped shipping Autocad with that translator in 2000 or R14 I don't remember which.

Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich

okay....I have models of 20 and 25...but not the smaller ones Bruce Chapman Manager - Product Engineering Rayco Mfg, Inc.

Bruce Chapman

Thank's anyway I will keep you in mind if we ever need those.

Reply to
Corey Scheich

There are free iges translators for acad at

SBC

You are correct but xchangeworks essentially translates an IGES file into SW and opens it in ACAD I can already do that.

Thanks Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich