multi CAD document control

Hello, I have been tasked to create a document control system for CAD files (Solidworks, ProE, and AutoCAD) and other documents (word, excel, text files, Cadence pcb layouts & schematics, software listings). Will PDMWorks handle multiple file formats? If not, are there any suggestions for a document management/control tool that works well? I don't want to look at PTCs windchill ($$$). thanks

Reply to
ms

Try SmartTeam

Todd

Both PDMWorks and DBWorks support basically any type format of non-interrelated files, including AutoCAD. It's just that specifically for SolidWorks both PDM systems are designed to handle the interrelationships between files. As all parametric CAD softwares do (IIRC) Pro-E also maintains interrelationships between files, and therefore you need a PDM system which will handle that as well. SmartTeam may do it, but I don't think PDMWorks or DBWorks will. As always I could be wrong.

'Spork'

ms wrote:

Reply to
Sporkman

SmarTeam manages SolidWorks, ProE, and AutoCAD documents as well as their respective links.

Reply to
Ed Fennen

PDM/Works Doesn't support configurations well either so keep that in mind.

Larry

Reply to
Larry Jedik

Take a look at ProductCenter from SofTech at

We are a PTC partner, SW Gold Partner and AutoDesk Partner. Many of our customers have implementations controlling the data which you are creating. Rapid implementations, tight integrations, distibuted vaulting, enterprise integration and process management are just a few of our strengths.

Christian Paulsen

Reply to
Christian

Hi

Take a look at

They accept all extension that Windows does. Looks very easy to use.

Kind regards

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus Sabroe

Don't jump too hard into Conisio yet. We have been using it here for almost a year, and while it works very well in some areas, in others it's really a liability. Take a good look at a demonstration of it when you have several hundred folders in it, and each folder has several hundred files in it. And, of course, the Conisio vault has to be on a top-notch server - wouldn't do much good to have it on a local machine.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

SmarTeam not only manages mentioned CAD documents but also has an integrations for all of them as well as office applications.

Max

Reply to
max libenson