API - alphabetically sorted and editable combobox for my PropertyManagerPage??!!

Hi,

Can someone please help me understand the combobox function for the PropertyManagerPage...

I would like to have the combobox editable and the text sorted alphabetically... acc. to SWX API help one should use the enumerations specified in the swconst.bas file, where it says

Public Enum swPropMgrPageComboBoxStyle_e swPropMgrPageComboBoxStyle_Sorted = &H1 swPropMgrPageComboBoxStyle_EditableText = &H2 End Enum

Therefore I'm now (without any luck) trying this code before showing my PropertyManagerPage

pComboBoxDrawnBy.Style = swPropMgrPageComboBoxStyle_Sorted pComboBoxDrawnBy.Style = swPropMgrPageComboBoxStyle_EditableText pPropertyManagerPage.Show

I managed to get the alphabetical sorting right and the combobox is in fact editable but for some reason editing the combobox won't call the function/sub PropertyManagerPage2Handler_OnComboboxEditChanged as the SWX API help says it will....

Private Sub PropertyManagerPage2Handler_OnComboboxEditChanged(ByVal ID As Long, ByVal Text As String) Select Case ID Case DrawnBy MsgBox Text End Select End Sub

I'm stuck with this problem and at this point all the "work-arounds" I can think of are both difficult and "ugly"....

Ideas someone??!!...

TIA,

KimSky

Reply to
KimSky

Again, this swPropMgrPageComboBoxStyle_e is a bitmask (you can recognise it from &H (hex) and from the values (1, 2, 4, 8, etc.), and it is always mentioned in SW Api help). You have to either add the values together or use bitwise Or operator to make the flags work together:

swPropMgrPageComboBoxStyle_EditableText

or

swPropMgrPageComboBoxStyle_EditableText

Hope this helps!