API

I install Solidworks API and create a blank project with the wizard. When I compile I get the follow error:

swDocTemplateTypeNONE, wDocTemplateTypePART, swDocTemplateTypeASSEMBLY, swDocTemplateTypeDRAWING undefine symbol, and AddToolBar2 is not a member of ISldWorks.

Is there some files missing? Where can I get these files?

Can anybody help?

Reply to
Sean Chen

You do need to have SolidWorks installed on the computer along with the SW API SDK.

Best Regards,

-- Bob Hanson CEO Custom Programming Unlimited LLC SolidWorks Solution Partner in two categories (SW API training/consulting and SW PDM provider)

website (Home of SW API Public Code snippets)

Reply to
Robert V. Hanson

you need to:

1) include swconst.bas as a module in your project (normally in C:\Program Files\SolidWorks\samples\appcomm) 2) check "Solidwork 200x Type Library" in the "Project / References" menu see
for some add-in projects with source

Philippe Guglielmetti -

Philippe Guglielmetti

Reply to
Sean Chen

Sorry I didn't mention that I use VC6.0, not VB.

Reply to
Sean

You either need the SW2003 version of the older VC++ SW wizard.

Best Regards,

-- Bob Hanson CEO Custom Programming Unlimited LLC SolidWorks Solution Partner in two categories (SW API training/consulting and SW PDM provider)

website (Home of SW API Public Code snippets)

SolidWorks 2003 World User Conference Exhibitor Booth #407

training/consulting