trouble Inserting OLE objects into drawings

Can anyone help? When I try to insert an OLE object from file into my drawing, I only get the icon with title, regardless of whether I tick the box or not. However I can make a neww object & it inserts fine.

Reply to
Richard Bremner

What type of file are you trying to insert as an OLE object?

Best Regards,

-- Bob Hanson CEO Custom Programming Unlimited LLC SolidWorks Solution Partner in two categories (SW API training/consulting and SW PDM provider)

website (Home of SW API Public Code snippets)

Reply to
Robert V. Hanson

Reply to
Richard Bremner

If you place the image in a Word document and use Insert Object to place that in your drawing, it will show up.

Best Regards,

-- Bob Hanson CEO Custom Programming Unlimited LLC SolidWorks Solution Partner in two categories (SW API training/consulting and SW PDM provider)

website (Home of SW API Public Code snippets)

SolidWorks 2003 World User Conference Exhibitor Booth #407

training/consulting

Reply to
Robert V. Hanson

Reply to
Richard Bremner

Do you HAVE to use OLE? You could use Acad's Inset\Image command. BTW, what is 2003 SP3.1?

John B

johnbogie btinternet.com Put the "at" in the gap.

Reply to
john