trouble Inserting OLE objects into drawings

Can anyone help? When I try to insert an OLE object from file into my
drawing, I only get the icon with title, regardless of whether I tick
the box or not.
However I can make a neww object & it inserts fine.
Reply to
Richard Bremner
What type of file are you trying to insert as an OLE object?
Best Regards,
-- Bob Hanson CEO Custom Programming Unlimited LLC SolidWorks Solution Partner in two categories (SW API training/consulting and SW PDM provider)
website (Home of SW API Public Code snippets)
Reply to
Robert V. Hanson
The particular file type that I am having trouble with is .jpg, however I am not having any joy with bitmaps either.

Reply to
Richard Bremner
If you place the image in a Word document and use Insert Object to place that in your drawing, it will show up.
Best Regards,
-- Bob Hanson CEO Custom Programming Unlimited LLC SolidWorks Solution Partner in two categories (SW API training/consulting and SW PDM provider)
website (Home of SW API Public Code snippets)
SolidWorks 2003 World User Conference Exhibitor Booth #407
training/consulting
Reply to
Robert V. Hanson
Further to my problem - Insert OLE will not work for me with pictures from file. I can make from new but that isn't a great help if I want to use an existing picture/graphic.I can cut & paste word & excel no problems, but if I try to cut & paste from paint or similar I either get the message that the clipboard item cannot be pasted here or it will insert momentarily & then go blank just leaving a border. I am running 2003 SP3.1 on Windows XP pro
Reply to
Richard Bremner
Do you HAVE to use OLE? You could use Acad's Inset\Image command. BTW, what is 2003 SP3.1?
John B
johnbogie btinternet.com Put the "at" in the gap.
Reply to
john