Inserting 2D barcodes into SolidWorks drawings

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to insert barcodes into SolidWorks drawings, specifically 2D barcodes.

I have tried using 1D (or linear) barcodes using the relatively straightforward Code-39, but it is rather long and takes up quite a bit of space on the drawing.

There are suggestions by my barcode scanner vendor to go for the more compact Code-128, but this requires a checksum; which means a macro (or 3rd party plug-in) etc is required to insert the barcode into the drawings.In this case I would rather go for 2D barcodes which is probably more expandable in the long run.

Does anyone know how to approach inserting/embedding a 2D barcode based on the drawing number? Suggestions on how to go about implementing this?

Any help is appreciated.

NB: Using SolidWorks 2010, SP2.0

Best regards, Richard A.

Reply to
Xaler

Rich,

There had been a discussi> Hi all,

fically 2D barcodes.

orward Code-39, but it is rather long and takes up quite a bit of space on = the drawing.

pact Code-128, but this requires a checksum; which means a macro (or 3rd pa= rty plug-in) etc is required to insert the barcode into the

more expandable in the long run.

n the drawing number?

Reply to
Deepak Gupta