Inserting 2D barcodes into SolidWorks drawings

Hi all,
Does anyone know how to insert barcodes into SolidWorks drawings,
specifically 2D barcodes.
I have tried using 1D (or linear) barcodes using the relatively
straightforward Code-39, but it is rather long and takes up quite a
bit of space on the drawing.
There are suggestions by my barcode scanner vendor to go for the more
compact Code-128, but this requires a checksum; which means a macro
(or 3rd party plug-in) etc is required to insert the barcode into the
drawings.In this case I would rather go for 2D barcodes which is
probably more expandable in the long run.
Does anyone know how to approach inserting/embedding a 2D barcode
based on the drawing number?
Suggestions on how to go about implementing this?
Any help is appreciated.
NB: Using SolidWorks 2010, SP2.0
Best regards,
Richard A.
Reply to
Xaler
Rich,
There had been a discussion on SolidWorks Yahoo Group about the same topic i.e. Bar Code but was slightly different than your need. But still I feel that will cover your issue. Here is the link to the discussion:
Deepak Gupta SW2009 SP4.1 SW2007 SP5.0
"=EF=80=A0Please consider the environment before printing this email."
fically 2D barcodes.
orward Code-39, but it is rather long and takes up quite a bit of space on = the drawing.
pact Code-128, but this requires a checksum; which means a macro (or 3rd pa= rty plug-in) etc is required to insert the barcode into the
more expandable in the long run.
n the drawing number?
Reply to
Deepak Gupta