NATO thread specs

Hi Folks,

Does anyone know where to get NATO thread specifications. Specifically for respirator (gas mask) canisters where they screw into the mask. They look kinda like plastic bottle threads. The only information I was given was NATO DIN 40, 40 being 40mm major diameter. I was also given a sample cannister, but the molded plastic has lost alot of the detail. This is for a test/calibration adapter for these masks, so it has to fit all masks that use that particular thread mounting configuration. If I design the threads within the tolerance of the spec., it should work with everything. If I reverse engineer it from what I have, who knows.

I did some searching on NATO specs. Never dealt with them before, but they appear to be an international military standard similar to our MIL spec.. Tons and tons of information about everything. I was just wondering if someone here has already been there.

Regards

Mark

Reply to
MM

Cliff,

Thanks for looking.

I finally found it. The specs. are contained in an obscure document called STANAG-4155

Couldn't find it for free, had to by it. Thirty bucks for an 11 page document !

Regards

Mark

Reply to
MM

Cliff,

It was pretty convoluted. I wound up at a site that has every military spec. in existence. (for a price)

MM

replying to MM, CHRISB wrote: can you help me locate this spec, could not find it when searching on the global.ihs site, thanks.> STANAG-4155

Reply to
CHRISB