NATO thread specs

Hi Folks,
Does anyone know where to get NATO thread specifications. Specifically for
respirator (gas mask) canisters where they screw into the mask. They look
kinda like plastic bottle threads. The only information I was given was NATO
DIN 40, 40 being 40mm major diameter. I was also given a sample cannister,
but the molded plastic has lost alot of the detail. This is for a
test/calibration adapter for these masks, so it has to fit all masks that
use that particular thread mounting configuration. If I design the threads
within the tolerance of the spec., it should work with everything. If I
reverse engineer it from what I have, who knows.
I did some searching on NATO specs. Never dealt with them before, but they
appear to be an international military standard similar to our MIL spec..
Tons and tons of information about everything. I was just wondering if
someone here has already been there.
Regards
Mark
Reply to
MM
Cliff,
Thanks for looking.
I finally found it. The specs. are contained in an obscure document called STANAG-4155
Couldn't find it for free, had to by it. Thirty bucks for an 11 page document !
Regards
Mark
Reply to
MM
Cliff,
It was pretty convoluted. I wound up at a site that has every military spec. in existence. (for a price)

MM
can you help me locate this spec, could not find it when searching on the global.ihs site, thanks.> STANAG-4155
Reply to
CHRISB
can you help me locate this spec, could not find it when searching on the global.ihs site, thanks.> STANAG-4155
Reply to
CHRISB

Site Timeline