Re: thoughts on curvature combs,splines control

explanations of splines as they would apply to SW

> that I could access from the net?

All this curve discussing with Cliff prompted me to spend some time digging into application...

not SW specific, but I believe the basic methods should be applicable. The shapes were all defined using conic "arcs" and two (end) point splines with tangent constraints for loft / blend guide curves between the paraboloid (is that a word?) nose cap and the cylinderical section. Altering the shape and trim line on the nose cap (changes the "take off" tangent direction) and the tangent "weight" of the curves is all that's done to adjust the shapes. The only three point splines (unconstrained; no tangent conditions) used were for the windscreen and the trim line for the bottom windscreen blend. Need to rework the canopy / windscreen intersection; there's definite mach rumble potential there. 8~) HTH a bit.

Reply to
Jeff Howard