Set message subject here ...

Ed,

I feel your pain! Another little one i'll ad is with the measure tool it only ever lists one dimension when selecting an arc or a cicrcle. Tis either a rad or a diameter respectively. Never lists both a radius and a diameter! yes sure its a simple /2 or *2 but gosh... this thing is TOOL thats meant to make my life easier!

-DWH

Reply to
Anonymous

I totally agree. Back in my AutoCad days I actually wrote a Lisp program where I could multiply or divide the measurement result by 2. But after using this for a while I changed it so that anytime a radius or circle was measured that both the radius and the diameter were automatically displayed, (ie. no action required by the operator). This is a very simple thing but I used that tool over 10 years, there is no telling how much time this simple feature saved me.

Reply to
Ed

if one were to take the time, I'm sure close to a hundred examples like this could be listed. the wishlist that was on someone's website a few years ago was full of suggested improvements to that sort of thing.

bill

Reply to
bill allemann

SW has been very good at implementing some fantastic wish list ideas. However, there is a sub-category of wish list suggestions that really comprise "basic" needs. I don't think that there is a clear definition between these two categories but I know that when I am working along and suddently there is a road block to performing some "basic" task that I have found one of these. Such as being able to place a dimension on a 2D drawing reguardless if the part is a combination of round, compound angles. We have been "smashing" complex shapes into "flat" drawigns for quite a few years from now.

Perhaps SW should add a category to suggestion requests if a suggestion should be considered "basic" or a new idea?

Ed

Reply to
Ed