Wiring Diagram Labels

I have a need to create simple wiring diagrams labels for fixing to control boxes etc. The material may be familiar to some its 1.6mm thick
Traffolite (Black, White, Black). Thing is i'm having trouble creating these in any other format than 'Sketching' onto 1.6mm extrusion, with the attendant result that its visible through other solid parts. Tried the 'Wrap' impractical needs new sketch for each symbol.
Any help please (fairly new user)
You might try extruding three thin layers with the merge box unchecked. Then do an extrude cut for the lettering with draft and set the scope to all three layers. What you are doing is creating three bodies in one part. You can set a color for each body before you cut.
Many thanks for the reply, but would this really work as the diagrams exist as single lines ajoining circles, and lines crossing diagonally through circles etc to make up electrical schematics. Nearly all attempts have resulted in the error message about having 'Disjoint Bodies'. Perhaps my original request was a little misleading, I am not interested in reproducing a true label with the initial black being engraved away leaving the white showing as the schematic, but rather just black lines on a white background. Is it your suggestion that I assign specific width cuts to each line, circle, etc
SW isn't a very good choice for 2D schematics, at least not by itself. The base package is intended for 3D modeling, and the resultant "physical" engineering drawings. Abstractions, like line schematics, aren't supported directly. I think WS Routing (pricy) will do what you need. We just use Visio.
Regards
Mark

OK, I think it is beginning to dawn on me what you are doing. You have a schematic, not just lettering, and this has to be placed on a label made of Traffolite in the 3D model. Further you want the label visible in the assembly as well as the drawing of the assembly.
First off, SW really won't allow display of a 2D sketch onto a face in a 3D model. For one thing, in the 3D environment a line has no width and so it wouldn't show up. If you want a lot of work you could thicken the lines and cut into the Traffolite. It might take several sketches because of the fact that a schematic does not necessarily have "legal" geometry for SW to extrude a cut.
A second method more ammenable to a production environment would be to mark off on the 3D model and area where the label is to be affixed and reference the lable on another drawing where only the label graphics appear. The drawing of the 3D model would specify size and location of the label and the label drawing would specify the graphics to go on the drawing, perhaps in a format that an engraver could use like dxf.

Guess I don't understand your meaning when you say "SW really won't allow display of 2D sketch onto a face in a 3D model"
2D sketches drawn onto a 3D part are visible and printable in 2D drawings 2D sketches drawn onto a 3D part are also visible and printable
Kman