Electrostatic flock applicators

I would like to try electrostatic application of flock and other scenery materials, but I am reluctant to spend $130 for the Noch applicator to experiment with a technique I may not end up liking. Googling yielded a do-it-yourself plan at

but I feel a battery powered device would be more safe than one running on household voltage. Has anyone seen plans for a simple, cheap battery powered applicator, or just a small battery powered micro current ~50 KV DC source? Geezer

Reply to
Geezer