Fun with Krylon chrome spray paint...

In the never-ending quest to produce the stainless-steel look for my passenger cars I've arrived at a not-too-difficult method: Krylon spray chrome paint.

I've tried Bare Metal Foil, Krylon chrome, all sorts of silver paints, and the Krylon produces good results without being too difficult. Mated up with Microscale ATSF decals it produces a nice looking car without too much trouble, using plain ConCor HO "stainless steel" models as a base. If I can figure out how to post these I'll pass along an addendum with pictures.

Bare Metal Foil looks pretty good as well but costs a lot more and requires much more patience. In the end it looks no better or worse than Krylon paint in my opinion.

Next problem is weathering the stuff correctly.

Reply to
Greg Forestieri