Layout Names

One of my layouts was named the Manassas Gap, after a railroad that didn't quite make it, but who's unfinished grades played a significant role in the 2nd Battle of Manassas.

I worked at the battlefield in the 70's and loved the place names in the Virginia area.

Manassas, Catharpin (pronounced Cat Harpin',) Brandy Station, etc.

Mike Tennent "IronPenguin"

Reply to
Mike Tennent

It was also the title of a very funny book of railroad cartoons.

Dave Decker

Reply to
dsq

Happened to stumble on this group and enjoyed reading some of the names. May I add my Layouts name? The Plywood Central (an unpainted 4X8 sheet) which the MTB ( My Two Boys) Railroad operates on.

Reply to
Irish Jake