Manline Modeler--the end???

Just read a tidbit/rumor that Mainline Modeler is coming to an end? Another publisher bought several of Hundmans publications and plans on keeping some going. Maninline Modeler wasn't mentioned as one of them. I don't buy the mag but do know it is a pretty good one. I have specific back issues that pertain to my interests. Anyone know the facts?......

Reply to
Gary Mittner

Several issues ago in Mainline Modeler (I think) there was an editorial stating that Hundman wished to leave the magazine business and was looking for a buyer. There appear to have been no takers. Since then he has looked for people to take over his magazines on a "you can have it if you honor the subscriptions" deal. To my current knowledge he has found companies/people to take over all of his magazines. I do not know the names of all the companies/people.

You should see one last issue from Hundman before the new publishers take over.

Bill Dixon

Reply to
Bill Dixon

Bill Dixon spake thus:

Wow. That's striking to me. I used to work for Bob Hundman; I was his copy editor for a year or so. Never met him, just got the galleys by mail, red-pencilled the hell out of them (they were chock full of typos, bad grammar, etc.) and Fedexed them back.

Too bad; it was a hell of a magazine we're not going to see the likes of again. It was totally idiosyncratic, and no other publisher will be able to match it.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl