Manline Modeler--the end???

Just read a tidbit/rumor that Mainline Modeler is coming to an end? Another publisher bought several of Hundmans publications and plans on
keeping some going. Maninline Modeler wasn't mentioned as one of them. I don't buy the mag but do know it is a pretty good one. I have specific back issues that pertain to my interests. Anyone know the facts?......
Gary Mittner wrote:

Several issues ago in Mainline Modeler (I think) there was an editorial stating that Hundman wished to leave the magazine business and was looking for a buyer. There appear to have been no takers. Since then he has looked for people to take over his magazines on a "you can have it if you honor the subscriptions" deal. To my current knowledge he has found companies/people to take over all of his magazines. I do not know the names of all the companies/people.
You should see one last issue from Hundman before the new publishers take over.
Bill Dixon
Bill Dixon spake thus:

Wow. That's striking to me. I used to work for Bob Hundman; I was his copy editor for a year or so. Never met him, just got the galleys by mail, red-pencilled the hell out of them (they were chock full of typos, bad grammar, etc.) and Fedexed them back.
Too bad; it was a hell of a magazine we're not going to see the likes of again. It was totally idiosyncratic, and no other publisher will be able to match it.
--
Save the Planet
Kill Yourself