New TGV

I found the following on the Jane's website. Unfortunately, I can't afford the full subscription, so I couldn't see the whole story.

--------------- CHINA'S TGV MUST HURRY The world's high-speed rail projects are often a shambolic on-off affair. China is no exception. An enormous amount of money is being expended upgrading its far-reaching rail network to deal with the rapidly expanding demand for transportation. Some are speaking of up to 8,000km of high-speed track being required. The jewel in the crown of these developments is a proposed 1,400km high-speed link between China's capital Beijing, and its business centre, Shanghai.

History of N Scale:
Links to over 700 helpful sites:

Bill

Yardpilot

What's strange about this is Beijing is set to be swallowed by approaching sand from the Gobi desert in the coming decades. Why make a big rail investment when it'll just be under dunes?

Steve Okonski

I expect they'll have a sign in all 300+ languages saying "Would the last one to leave please turn the lights out"

Reply to
Mabel