Stayless firebox

Some time back there were some very nice illustrations of loco boilers with stayless fireboxes on this group. I have a friend building a live steamer who would be very interested if the person who put them up could oblige again.

Many thanks, Bob.

Reply to
Bob Grime

Please do not post binaries (aka pictures) to this newsgroup. R.M.R is a text-only group. Please post pictures to a binaries group (like alt.binaries.pictures.rail) or a website and only post the links here. If you are looking for a specific post here at r.m.r, try

click on groups, then find r.m.r on the list. This will allow you to search only r.m.r once you get to the group.

Thank you.

Paul A. Cutler III Deputy Sheriff

************* Weather Or No Go New Haven *************
Reply to
Pac Man

Have you googled for that subject yet?

-- Bob May Losing weight is easy! If you ever want to lose weight, eat and drink less. Works every time it is tried!

Reply to
Bob May

No binaries relating to this topic were posted to the newsgroup; I posted a URL.

Reply to
Mark Newton

The scanned drawing at:

shows the method of construction.

However, I seriously doubt that this style of firebox would be suitable for a live steamer. Apart from the complexity of it's design, it probably wouldn't comply with the local miniature boiler code. Perhaps your friend should look at a Briggs-type boiler, which is again largely stayless, and is compliant with most full-size and miniature codes. I take it from your email address that you are in Australia, in which case the AMBSC code is the relevant source of information.

All the best,

Mark.