Way to fix loose glad hand?

I have a bunch of HO couplers, Kadee and E-Z mate where the glad hand is loose. It will no longer open the knuckle. I'm afraid to put a drop of super glue on the glad hand because I think if will make the coupler incapable of opening. Is there a way to fix the couplers?

Reply to
Marshall D Abrams

"Marshall D Abrams" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

You might try placing the coupler on an anvil to support the head and try peening the top of the glad hand with a nail or nail set or something similar. Gently of course.

Reply to
Frank A. Rosenbaum

I can see this happening on plastic couplers like E-Z Mates, but not so much on metal ones like Kadees, I don't think you can glue them either, it would either freeze up the entire coupler or just break it up again just from coupling with other cars.

You would either have to replace them or cut off the pins if you perfer coupler picks over magnets.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Gilchrist

Short answer - NO

Better to cut off all the glad hands on every coupler you own and use a small pointed wooden pic to uncouple. Works so much better than magnets and eliminates that silly little "dance" you have to do over the magnets. It also makes it possible to:

A: Completely eliminate unwanted uncouplings caused by magnets.

B: Uncouple any car exactly where you want it to be.

C: Completely eliminate all co$t associated with purchasing magnets and electro-magnets.

D: Completely eliminate the aggravation of engineering the magnets such that they will not accidentally uncouple when you don't want to.

E: Adjusting the extremely unprotypical trip pins to work properly with the magnets, and yet not interfere with trackwork

You never have enough magnets until you have too many.

Froggy

Reply to
Froggy