Completly O/T

Sadly I lost my workshop companion and assistant of thirteen years a few weeks ago, although his idea of 'assistance' and mine weren't always the same. No more will my expensive nitrile gloves be taken away, torn up and devoured,and I can leave wooden or plastic handled tools on the floor without them gaining a new set of toothmarks. Its just not the same without him, far too quiet around the place.

Regards

Philip T-E

Reply to
philipte

Sorry about Garlic, Philip.

There's one easy solution: get another dog. If it's a pup, you'll have chewed tools, gloves, boots, and some waste matter to deal with as well! Preventing it from wrecking your possessions and not damaging itself in the process is most distracting.

Regards, Arthur G

Reply to
Arthur Griffin

I'm sorry to hear that Philip. It's a real loss after so long. I too lost my pooch just before Christmas after many years together. The best medicine is another friend. My Jessie was never allowed in the workshop though. The thought of what swarf could do to paws meant she was banned. She used to love just being around when I was working though and loved any fuss I gave her. Get another one soon. We intend to.

John

Reply to
John

You might want to consider making a set of leather booties for the next pooch.

Reply to
Shiver

Philip,

Having had a dog myself I understand well the loss. My wife and I after a few years break have recently given a home to a two year old male cat called "cheeky" and does he live up to his name. He follows me around outside like a puppy, has to see what I'm doing and greets us when we return home from shopping etc as if weve been gone for months. He has now taken to riding on the roof of my van when I back it onto the drive when I get home from somewhere or other, this is follwed by a full internal inspection of the contents. Dont be long in replacing your dog with another.

Mart> Sadly I lost my workshop companion and assistant of thirteen years a

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Sincere condolences on your loss, Philip.

"The Power of a Dog " by Kipling - never were truer lines penned.

Regards,

Kim

Reply to
Kim Siddorn