Illegal?

Can Ebayers more experienced than I confirm that this and the sellers other
items are in breach of Ebay rules ?
would complain if I could be arsed to fight my way through the Byzantine
reporting crap....
Reply to
Roland Craven
Try putting in a bid at the starting price.If you win surely he is legally bound to supply a crankshaft of your choice.There are no instructions "not to bid" as in some similar listings ,also no reserve. Comments? Mike.H,
I would complain if I could be arsed to fight my way through the Byzantine
Reply to
Mike.H.
I would complain if I could be arsed to fight my way through the Byzantine
I know what you mean about their reporting system. I tried it once and came to the conclusion that it was a totally pointless exercise.
I was looking for some Myford parts and made the mistake of searching on the word 'Myford' - about 15 million hits later I established that the word is added to every engineering related tool in the system. I picked a few at random like an MT5 live centre, a file, a Boxford tool post etc. and reported them under the category for wanton misuse of trade names. Other than an email thanking me for the trouble; nothing happened. Obviously the Muppets lacked the wherewithal to establish that these were not Myford related items and the reporting system lacks the facility to add notes or comments such that one can explain the reason for a given complaint.
If I ever feel miffed enough to bother again I will probably write to them.
Mark
Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services ---------------------------------------------------------- ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY ** ----------------------------------------------------------
Mark_Howard
Feedback says it all really. He is obviously not getting any amount of trade from it.
Peter -- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk Web:
Peter A Forbes
I don't think eBay sales are the object, rather, using possibly the cheapest form of advertising..
Tom
Reply to
Tom
Something of a farce isn't it. A quick crude search shows about 550 items in UK at £0.01 and containing either "for information only" and or "do not bid" (excluding those that say do not bid unless or if). I can also still find auctions trying to charge for Paypal. So much for heavily policed!! A cynic might think the reporting procedure is designed to put people off using it :-) ttfn Roland
Reply to
Roland Craven
How much would an 'advert' like that cost to run in ebay fees?
Bill H Derby
Reply to
Bill H
Very little if there are no bids, only the listing fee which is nominal for a .99 start price.
As there is nothing offered for sale I suppose in theory we could bid this up to a reasonable sum between us and one of us would become the winning bidder and he would be charged a sellers fee then as a percentage.
He would be obliged to pay it and any attempt to complain would only bring this misuse to the attention of Ebay. However would they be bothered to do anything about it as they have already made their cut.
At the end of the day that is what Ebay is all about, making Ebay and Paypal fees fill their coffers.
Reply to
George Hendry
If you are the winning bidder there is always the possiblity of negative feedback, both ways.
Andy M
Reply to
Andy Milestone