Lister A Sealing Rings

Please can anyone tell me where I can get some new rings that seal the caged valve assemblies to the head/cylinder on early lister A's (1924) ?

They are a tad over 1.5 inch I.D. (actually 1.6 or about 41mm ?) and are composite copper/asbestos? and about 3/16 inch thick.

cheers,

Phil

Reply to
Phil Starling

Hi Phil

I've yet to come across anyone who can supply rings to this size made from composite copper/asbestos. I can only suggest contacting Brian Harfield who can manufacture them in copper. He advertises in Stationary Engine magazine.

Regards

JohnR

Reply to
John Rogers

Thanks for that John,

One error I've just noticed, they are nearer 3/32 inch thick not 3/16 as I stated,

Phil

Reply to
Phil Starling

Phil,

I got around it by making a pair of rings from a suitable thickness gasket material and smearing silicone sealer on both sides before fitting and many years later they still dont leak.

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman