Petter Stationary engine catalogue 1923

On ebay, reached £205 !!!

Pete Aldous

I suppose the bidder's name 'veryspotty' refers to the output of certain Petters as opposed to the painful process of adolescence!

Reply to
Arthur Griffin

I'm probably reacting as intended but I have sat within 6' of my 5hp M type for 11 days this summer. Since I wash and iron my shirts I can say that I have not found one spot on them :-) ttfn Roland PS Petterspots are however very good for protecting against sunburn, and etching car paintwork!

Petters as opposed to the painful process of

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

Just wondered if you were listening! I would expect nothing less, Roland. I assume your M was driving a Petterlight?

At a local rally recently, I watched the startup of a 3hp appletop and though it sounded nice it really did stink. I felt sorry for the guy next along the line.

On a related matter. I've got it into my head that a Petter S would be a rather fine engine to own. To my eyes they look and sound very attractive. I know they're two stroke. Does the diesel,or paraffin, or whichever fuel used provide enough lubrication or is some two stroke oil needed as well?

Regards, Arthur G

Reply to
Arthur Griffin

Indeed it was working quite hard and chucking out 1200w . Red diesel seems to be fine for an S but I wouldn't run em on paraffin without adding a little oil (the Emmanuelle also suggests the nipple should be modified for kerosene). The new ish ELS diesel is reputed to have lower lubricity and I have considered adding perhaps 1% two-stroke oil to ease wear on the pump rod. What says Philip? Start saving cos S types seem to rising in price although I did meet a chap this year who had just bought a very early 8hp for £20. Quite ruined my day :-) regards Roland

attractive.

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

Sold to veryspotty for £226.96