S-T gen sets fs

Why won't these shift? I've seen them at various sales over that last couple of years and now ebay. I don't recall the exact price he was asking, but remember it seemed pretty reasonable for such nice complete sets.

Reply to
Nick H

Nick,

Ithought taht it was a bit hotch potch and got more than it was worth.

Martin P

Nick H wrote:

Campingstoveman

He lowered the reserve price, probably prompted by ebay who send out these emails if something has a reserve that isn't met.

He had two of these for sale, neither sold.

The other one was 7599820131 Peter

Prepair Ltd

There were two, were there not?

Good point, Nick, it seems all there except for a cooling tank. Perhaps the sheer weight & mass of the thing puts people off, plus the fact that there are no exposed whirly bits ;o))

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

I suppose these would be a better buy than a one used in a marine environment ?? Often fancied a one pot Stuart after the demise of the Two pot I had to scrap. What sort of money are they worth, never know I may be in the market !!

Reply to
martin hirst

"Campingstoveman" wrote (snip):-

Definitely not! Very nice sets which which when he first started hawking them around the sales, had quite a 'recently decommissioned look about them.

Reply to
Nick H

"Kim Siddorn" wrote (snip)

Two on ebay, istr he may originally have had three - perhaps he sold one and saturated the market ;-)

Reply to
Nick H

As I said, I can't recall the price he had them up for at the sales, but I know I was suprised that they hadn't sold. I'm sure you can contact him through ebay.

Reply to
Nick H

And No, I'm not on a commission - I don't even know the guy by name!

Reply to
Nick H

Well as plain punter interested in a gen set he misses some vital information. What is the voltage/power of the unit? AC or DC?

I guess if you are into collecting/rallying these things you'd know but that must be a tiny fraction of eBayers. I wouldn't mind something like that as a standby set but it needs to be around 3kVA 230v (nominal) 50Hz AC.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Is it not missing all of the support frame etc

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Fuel tank and control panels would originally have been mounted on the engine room wall. AFAIK the angle iron frames one often sees at rallies have been added to turn the set into a transportable exhibit.

Reply to
Nick H

I know him well from Rallies and I seem to remember he told me the history of the engines which was quite interesting but I am afraid I can't remember much except, they were definitely obtained from the same source as a pair.

I have not got a contact number and will not see him till the end of May at Strumpshaw I am afraid so if anyone is interested I guess contacting him through EBay would be the way.

Reply to
Pete Aldous