steel trolleys

Most of my engines were on steel trolleys and the steering axles on all of them were nothing simpler than two steel discs, one fixed to the frame by various methods and one fixed to the axle with a bit of grease between and obviously a large bolt or pin in the centre. A hole drilled through both with a bolt in served as a lock when steering wasn't required.

Reply to
CHARLES HAMILTON

A pair of large BSP pipe blanking plates does the job - the pre drilled variety offer holes already in place for the locking pin, requiring only a centre hole to be drilled for the pivot.

In message , CHARLES HAMILTON writes

Reply to
john. ambler

Gentlemen,

I have my box section, I have my wheels, you all seem to point towards discs and grease for steering these I fetched from my good friend Peter Forbes this morning all I need now is a 3 - 4 Kw heater to warm me as I weld it all together. Thanks for idea's.

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Very nice to see Martin again and provide a cuppa in return for all the refreshments he has given us at rallies!

While on the subject of steel trolleys, we have two new rectangular trolley chassis made out of heavy channel, about 5" X 3" and all welded. No holes anywhere and the welds will need cleaning up, nothing wrong with them, they just haven't been cleaned since the welding was done.

The sizes I'll have to check, but about 4' 6" X 18" - 20" by memory. I'm going up the farm tomorrow so can check on exact sizes.

Looking for £15 each if anyone is interested, can't post.... :-))

Peter

Reply to
Peter A Forbes

Sold already....

Peter

Reply to
Peter A Forbes

Bugger, I would have fetched one home today :-((

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman