Finalized Track Plan

I have finalized the track plan fro the layout and it will be a double track mainline with 3" radius on the outside mainline and 36" on the
inside mainline with 2 crossovers and a double ended 8 track yard with 5 storage tracks on each side and 4 double ended sidings with a track for empties and a track for loaded cars.The plan is at the google group Milw modelers. Steve Church Milwaukee Road and Rock Island Iowa Division
On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 15:36:00 -0700, I said, "Pick a card, any card"

I've heard of a tight radius before but this is the limit!
Do I smell a typo there? Made me smile before the morning coffee. That takes some doing! -- Ray
Ray Haddad wrote:

I was going to mention a layout in (I think) MRC which had a Pug running around a circle which had a coin as one rail, but Steve says his 3" radius is on the outside mainline - I wonder what radius the inside mainline is???
Greg.P.

Probably somewhere near that of a gnat's arse...
fl@liner

He said the outside radius is 3", and the inside radius is 36".
The layout must be built around a black hole with significant warping of space around it.
--
Bill Kaiser
snipped-for-privacy@mtholyoke.edu
snipped-for-privacy@mtholyoke.edu wrote:

I assumed he was working in three dimensions rather than two - or do I mean four dimensions?
Greg Procter wrote:

Makes one wonder what kind of layout Steven Hawking would create.
Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

That 3" radius is a real space-saver, but where are you going to find an articulated 0-6-0 to run on it?
"video guy - www.locoworks.com" wrote:

Wuerttemberg F class.
Regards, Greg.P.
Greg Procter skriver:

The Wrt F class, isn't that a BR 53
Klaus
"Klaus D. Mikkelsen" wrote:

It is, but the "F Klasse" included a whole series of 0-6-0/C designs, (not including the "Alb" class) mostly upgrades of the initial F, inculding simples, compounds and the Klose variants. The DRG BR 53 Fs were mostly the final enlarged Fc variant with compound cylinders, but included the remnants of the Klose variants (F1 and F1c)
You didn't think there would be a simple answer, did you? ;-)
Greg.P.
Greg Procter wrote:

Klose system engine, are they? Now they're fruity things! :-) I've seen a 762mm gauge JZ engine that was a Klose articulated.
Cheers,
Mark.
marknewton wrote:

Those are they! Well, not all Wuerttemberg F Klasse Loks were Klose type but the Klose 0-6-0s were included in the F classification.

Wouldn't that be an 0-2-2-2-0?
--

Frank Rosenbaum
Please support the following train meets if you can
"Frank A. Rosenbaum" wrote:

The Wuerttemberg Klose system 0-6-0 had a fixed center axle and the outer axles on trucks. The coupling rods meet on a diamond lozenge on the centre axle crank-pin and cross linkages tilted the lozenges in opposite directions as the trucks turned, thereby extending and shortening the wheelbase and connecting rods equally on opposite sides. The operating speed was extended from 45km/hr on the long-boiler type to 60 km'hr on the Klose variation. The system was counted a success as the Klose variant had a life-span equal to the standard loco. An 0-10-0 design (G Klass) followed but wasn't as successful. The rigid 0-10-0 (H Klass) was simpler with axle side-play. Various ng Klose locos were built and some have passed their 100 year anniversaries in Jugoslavia.
Greg.P.

If the trackplan's simply a circle, you need only place a tiny black hole in the center of the layout and let gravity do the bending for you. You thereby get the added benefit of calling it a "Schwarzchild Radius", instead of that silly-sounding 3".
The downside is that the train's orbital speed will be a healthy percentage of lightspeed, meaning that the train will pass the station roughly one billion times every second, but on the other hand time passes very slowly at those speeds so a scale time clock would be superfluous.
Glad you asked?
Pete

Either the Mobius Pacific or the Gdel & Daphetid in E=MC2 1/2 gauge. And he'd probably build a string of Schrodinger's boxcars to run on it.
(Under catenary, of course. It could be either live or dead.)
P. Roehling wrote:

What would Heisenberg say?
Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 10:47:00 -0500, Dan wrote:

Depends.
Steve Caple wrote:

Whose cat is in the boxcar?
Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired