Finalized Track Plan

"Dan" wrote

Either the Mobius Pacific or the Gödel & Daphetid in E=MC2 1/2 gauge. And he'd probably build a string of Schrodinger's boxcars to run on it.

(Under catenary, of course. It could be either live or dead.)

Reply to
P. Roehling

"video guy -

" wrote

If the trackplan's simply a circle, you need only place a tiny black hole in the center of the layout and let gravity do the bending for you. You thereby get the added benefit of calling it a "Schwarzchild Radius", instead of that silly-sounding 3".

The downside is that the train's orbital speed will be a healthy percentage of lightspeed, meaning that the train will pass the station roughly one billion times every second, but on the other hand time passes very slowly at those speeds so a scale time clock would be superfluous.

Glad you asked?

Pete

Reply to
P. Roehling

The Wuerttemberg Klose system 0-6-0 had a fixed center axle and the outer axles on trucks. The coupling rods meet on a diamond lozenge on the centre axle crank-pin and cross linkages tilted the lozenges in opposite directions as the trucks turned, thereby extending and shortening the wheelbase and connecting rods equally on opposite sides. The operating speed was extended from 45km/hr on the long-boiler type to

60 km'hr on the Klose variation. The system was counted a success as the Klose variant had a life-span equal to the standard loco. An 0-10-0 design (G Klass) followed but wasn't as successful. The rigid 0-10-0 (H Klass) was simpler with axle side-play. Various ng Klose locos were built and some have passed their 100 year anniversaries in Jugoslavia.

Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

It is, but the "F Klasse" included a whole series of 0-6-0/C designs, (not including the "Alb" class) mostly upgrades of the initial F, inculding simples, compounds and the Klose variants. The DRG BR 53 Fs were mostly the final enlarged Fc variant with compound cylinders, but included the remnants of the Klose variants (F1 and F1c)

You didn't think there would be a simple answer, did you? ;-)

Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

Klose system engine, are they? Now they're fruity things! :-) I've seen a 762mm gauge JZ engine that was a Klose articulated.

Cheers,

Mark.

Reply to
marknewton

What would Heisenberg say?

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Reply to
Dan

Depends.

Reply to
Steve Caple

Whose cat is in the boxcar?

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Reply to
Dan

Yes...

Reply to
Big Rich Soprano

"Cannot find rec.modelsrailroad

There is no group named rec.modelsrailroad."

Reply to
Big Rich Soprano

SC:

It's the same size as your plan. I just modified yours.

Put in as many staging tracks as will fit, but make sure they are long enough to hold trains. Start with 6, but leave plenty of room for more.

I didn't specifically design a yard; I just chopped yours in half. Here's a design you could use:

It's not a perfect yard, and it's not huge, but I think it's plenty to handle the traffic on this railroad, and probably as big as I personally would want to deal with. You can easily add more classification and storage tracks above the three shown - but again, remember to make the tracks a useful length. You will notice that only the arrival/ departure tracks are double-ended. There's no reason to have double-ended classification or storage tracks unless you plan to have switching crews working both ends of the yard at once.

Car capacities are given for 50' cars.

Cordially yours: Gerard P. President, a box of track and a gappy table.

Reply to
pawlowsk002

"Dan" wrote

"I'm uncertain".

Reply to
P. Roehling

...but ask the cat !

Reply to
wim van bemmel

i am mistaken, that was Schr=C3=B6dingers.. sorry.

Salut, Wim.

Reply to
wim van bemmel

But is that cat in the boxcar?

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Reply to
Dan

The original track plan will be the one I will be using for the layout.That was a typo on the outside minimum radius it should be 38" while the inside track will be 36" the 4 little yards aren't yards but industry spurs for switching loaded and empty cars.I appreciate all your suggestions but I am going to use the original design. Steve Church Milwaukee Road and Rock Island Iowa Division 1979-1985 from Perry,Iowa to Savanna,Illinois.

Reply to
steve

Those are they! Well, not all Wuerttemberg F Klasse Loks were Klose type but the Klose

0-6-0s were included in the F classification.
Reply to
Greg Procter

sc:

As you like. After all, you can always try other stuff later.

Spurs, by the way, are tracks that connect only at one end; yours are sidings.

Cordially yours: Gerard P. President, a box of track and a solid-state Ampack.

Reply to
pawlowsk002

You are right I should of said sidings,they will be used for empties and loaded cars. Thanks Gerald for the correction. Steve Church Milwaukee Road and Rock Island Iowa Division

Reply to
steve