WD2 Sucess

Hi folks
Just a quick thank you for the advice re magnetos in my earlier post. This
afternoon the WD2 burst into life, even my wife said it was tuneful.
All I have to do now is find a decent petrol tank, silencer and paint it up.
Thanks again for your help.
Tim Gray
Reply to
Tim Gray
Well done! A moment to be savoured as it phuts for the first time in many years and becomes more than the sum of its parts.
Did you fix the magneto or get another?
Regards,
Kim Siddorn
Reply to
Kim Siddorn
As a general question where do people source 'older' spares such as silencers and tanks? I haven't seen many ads in Stationary Engine magazine
Andrew
Reply to
Andrew
Andrew,
Frank Gelder
01430 430374 will supply repro fuel tanks and silencers for the common engines.
Mac McGowan (don't have his number) does silencers, fuel taps and other bits.
There's a fair bit of product crossover between the two, but I prefer the altogether chattier Frank Gelder. The Lister type silencers he offers are made of heavier stuff, making them much more effective IMHO.
Regards, Arthur
Reply to
Arthur Griffin & Jeni Stanton
You can't get away with a four word answer here, Tim: We'm nosey fellas that like to learn stuff. We're delighted you fixed the old one - please tell us how before we all turn blue from holding our breath!
Regards,
Kim Siddorn
Reply to
Kim Siddorn
Ah well it was a combination of dirty and incorrectly set points, incorrect wiring on the LT coil and a faulty plug cap.
Reply to
Tim Gray

Site Timeline