WD2 Sucess

Hi folks

Just a quick thank you for the advice re magnetos in my earlier post. This afternoon the WD2 burst into life, even my wife said it was tuneful. All I have to do now is find a decent petrol tank, silencer and paint it up. Thanks again for your help.

Tim Gray

Reply to
Tim Gray

Very smooth running engines. Which of the many problems posited was the one that did the trick? regards Roland

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

Well done! A moment to be savoured as it phuts for the first time in many years and becomes more than the sum of its parts.

Did you fix the magneto or get another?

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

As a general question where do people source 'older' spares such as silencers and tanks? I haven't seen many ads in Stationary Engine magazine

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

Andrew,

Frank Gelder

01430 430374 will supply repro fuel tanks and silencers for the common engines.

Mac McGowan (don't have his number) does silencers, fuel taps and other bits.

There's a fair bit of product crossover between the two, but I prefer the altogether chattier Frank Gelder. The Lister type silencers he offers are made of heavier stuff, making them much more effective IMHO.

Regards, Arthur

Reply to
Arthur Griffin & Jeni Stanton

Arthur

Whats wrong with Mac, he's a good ol boy once you get to know him

Mart> Andrew,

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Reply to
Tim Gray

I speak as I find.

Reply to
Arthur Griffin & Jeni Stanton

Arthur,

I've got this big wooden spoon that I have been turning :-))

Martin P

Arthur Griff> I speak as I find.

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Thus revealing the identity of your usual supper partner :-) ttfn Roland

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

You can't get away with a four word answer here, Tim: We'm nosey fellas that like to learn stuff. We're delighted you fixed the old one - please tell us how before we all turn blue from holding our breath!

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

I'm glad you pointed that out Martin - I'd never have known ;-).

Reply to
Arthur G

Reply to
Tim Gray