A modelling material

A very long time ago when I was a child we occasionally used a modelling material which was somewhat like plaster of paris but which had a slightly sandy texture, set harder and stronger, and was more cohesive so could be moulded over quite an open armature.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? If so, what was it?

Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

Das modelling clay?

Fred X

Reply to
Fred X

No, definitely not. I remember it having a small as if it was some kind of resin, but that may have been the paint we used.

Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

Pyruma Fire Cement?

Reply to
Tinkerbell

Good grief I had forgotten all about that stuff,I think the Dinosaur I made nearly 50 years ago is still lurking in mothers greenhouse.

G.harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

The original pollyfilla powder in a cardboard box, before all of this 'smooth surface finish' stuff came out was like that . Mix it in a saucer to the required 'gloop' consistency....

Reply to
traction

I use Polyfilla as concrete.

Reply to