model planking

Someone was asking here recently about (cheap?) sources of wood suitable for modelling.

I have come across the 6" long stirrers sold with coffee cups these days which are about 1/4" wide. Enquiring of the cafe proprietor, he said that he gets them in boxes of 1000 for £1-50p

1000 lots of 1/4" would be 250 inches, or 24' 10" by 6", about 12 sq ft for £1-50.

So, who knows of someone with a cash-and-carry card?

Reply to
Geek

What a good idea! But the grain is rather coarse. How do they respond to sanding and staining I wonder? I will blag some from Victoria in the coffee shop at work :-)

Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

Prefer magnum lolly sticks, of course its partly cos get to eat the ice cream first.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon