Foam Underlay - this stuff any good?

Hello,

For the track underlay, I am looking at:

I like the Pre ballasted Light Brown Sandstone finish - looks very good. Its £12.50 for 5M. A few questions for those in the know how :)

- Is it suitable for straights, curves, flexi-track etc?

- Is it easy to use? I am brand new to the hobby so learning still...

- Is this a competitive cost?

Thanks guys, its nice to have such a knowledgable group to rely on!!!

Ta,

Gary.

Reply to
Gary Whittle

The website looks pretty self-explanatory.

Looks pretty easy. Points & crossings with uneven sleeper spacing would be more tricky.

It's twice the price of Peco plain foam underlay - Peco is available ready-made for points & crossings. Cork underlay is cheaper still.

I'm sure you'll get other suggestions too.

Reply to
MartinS