Basic bewbie help request. layout grass effect turf joins.

Hello,

I have uploaded an image here:

This grass effect material has not yet been permanently attached although I will be gluing it shortly. I am wondering how one disguises the obvious join line? I have 130 x 48 inches to cover.

Kind Regards,

Gary Whittle.

Reply to
Gary Whittle

"Gary Whittle" wrote

Put a hedge or a wall along it.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Thanks John.

That was my initial thought, but I presume if doing it this way I would need to stop thinking along the lines of "lay all the grass first"? With your method I presume I would lay the grass as and when I develop the landscape and cut it to shape ensuring that the boundaries of the section being developed hide the cut?

Thanks,

Gary.

Reply to
Gary Whittle

Gary,

That would be the best way. If you covered your 130" x 48" baseboard with the same grass matt, I reckon you would spend most of your effort afterwards trying to disguise the fact that your 'earth' is covered in the same green grass :-)

You will probably want to get rid of the effect of large expanses of grass of the same shade, and you could use some of the available scenic powders and flocks sprinkled on the grass matt to do this. At the same time, these flocks could be sprinkled over joins to disguise the inevitable straight lines.

Jim.

Reply to
Jim Guthrie

You could always make your joins less regular by over-lapping the sheets and cutting through both with a knife along lines which match your scenery. It would probably be easier to fix your firs sheet, excluding the join area before attempting this.

I should point out that I've never tried this!

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian

At in news:olnKb.7840$ snipped-for-privacy@news-text.cableinet.net, Gary Whittle driveled:

Fence, track, hedge?

-- If Your specification is vague or imprecise, you'll likely get what you asked for not what you want

Reply to
GbH

At in news:dMwKb.18260$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfep4-winn.server.ntli.net, GbH driveled:

You could also try using a non regular edge, eg a torn rather than cut edge.