Grass Turf - hiding joins.

Hello,

I have uploaded an image here:

This grass effect material has not yet been permanently attached although I will be gluing it shortly. I am wondering how one disguises the obvious join line? I have 130 x 48 inches to cover.

Kind Regards,

Gary Whittle.

Reply to
Gary Whittle

Had you thought of using loose ground cover?

Is it to be a field? perhaps an unmaintained fence with a line of ground shrubs under/around it.

just thinking out loud right now, maybe more will come to me.

Reply to
wannand

Gary=A0Whittle wrote: I have uploaded an image here:

This grass effect material has not yet been permanently attached although I will be gluing it shortly. I am wondering how one disguises the obvious join line? I have 130 x 48 inches to cover.

---------------------------------------------------- I used spackling compound (like one uses on wallboard) to cover the joints. After it dries, apply the ground cover.

History of N Scale:
Links to over 700 helpful sites:

Bill

Color it white, and it could be the mid line of a [football/soccer] field.

Reply to
Matt Brennan

I thought you meant one joint line. If more than one, a soccer field may conceal more than one depending on the actual spacing. You can just choose linear objects to build over the joint line(s).

a) a fence [animal corral(s)] b) a sidewalk within a park setting c) a sreet within a variety of settings [city or rural] d) a rock wall

Sketch a scene and simply place the joint within the setting you create. Combinations of the above would help to cover 48" joints. A static interchange track from the edge of the bench work [aisle] up to the wall, or into a tunnel, or behind a mountain is another option.

Can you alternate the joints [have some run perpendiculat to the one pictured]? I don't know the roll dimensions. If you can alternate, the main line and/or some sidings could cover longer stretches of the joint.

Reply to
Matt Brennan